Thinking about a kitchen renovation? Have a look at this article for some key things to keep in mind.
There really is no shortage of reasons to renovate your kitchen. Perhaps you’re tired of your old oven and want something a little more modern, or perhaps you’re ready to sell and want to change out those old cabinets.
We are going to break down the things to keep in mind when renovating your kitchen:
Renovating to sell
If you’re about to sell and move to somewhere else, here’s what to keep in mind if you’re thinking of renovating:
- Prioritise fixes over additions. Forget new cabinets for a moment; replace those damaged fixtures and get an electrician in for that stove with a broken clock.
- Keep it neutral. You’re not designing for yourself here, but for future buyers, so forget that lime green feature wall. Design for the widest possible market.
- Ask an expert and book in a consultation. What budget do you have? What are the current trends?
Renovating to stay
If you aren’t planning on leaving your home anytime soon, there are a few things to consider with your renovation:
- Will your family change? You may want a more spacious kitchen for growing kids, or a smaller space if they’re planning to leave home.
- What’s important to you and your family? Space? Open plan living? Storage?
- Kitchen a little dark? Consider skylights or additional windows.
How to get started
So you want to transform your boxed in galley kitchen into a beautiful entertainer’s dream? Great! But how do you get started?